World Superbike Takes Over at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca in Their Only U.S. Stop!
International motorcycle racing and MotoAmerica bring thrilling action to Monterey
The wait is over for the most exciting race of the summer! World Superbike makes its only U.S. stop at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca this weekend on July 12-14 for the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship GEICO Motorcycle U.S Round with MotoAmerica.
“I love everything about Laguna Seca — I love being there; there is a really good atmosphere in the USA for World Superbike, the fans seem really enthusiastic,” said 2018 double-winner Jonathan Rea, the reigning four-time WorldSBK champion. “As a track, it is very demanding, and the undulations are incredible; you need a lot from a bike, you need it to be stable but also very agile. It is a great track, and I can’t wait to get there.”
The annual event that pairs the premier class of the international series with every category of the domestic MotoAmerica series at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca is bigger than ever. Literally. Here is why:
• There are over 150 riders on the combined entry list (event record).
• The incomparable Paddock Show stage that brings all the riders to the fans will feature more giveaways and include a party for the fans at the end of Saturday’s SuperShow.
• The number of manufacturers offering free demo rides in the Hagerty Marketplace area has more than doubled.
• Those same manufacturers offer exclusive three-day ticket packages that includes admission, special three-day parking, parade laps and a gift (see ticket page). For the first time ever, Ducati Island is SOLD OUT! However, Yamaha, Kawasaki, BMW and Suzuki riders still have a chance to upgrade their experience at the gate.
• Three-day Flagroom passes are available at the brand-new two-story VIP hospitality structure located in the paddock near Turn 3 for those who wish to upgrade their experience.
• The campsites are full of eager race fans who sold out of Reserved and General Camping spots more than one month before the event! Only General Tent Camping is still available.
• Easier access! In addition to South Boundary Road serving as the main entrance to ease traffic on Highway 68, fans can access the track via Barloy Canyon Road from Reservation Road.
• More vendors! The thriving Hagerty Marketplace has even more vendors and activations than last year.
• More activities! There is a craft beer tasting area, a go-kart track and several family-friendly activities taking place throughout the event.
There are compelling storylines throughout the WorldSBK paddock: Marco Melandri revealed his decision to retire at the end of the season, meaning this will be the final race in the United States for the accomplished Italian rider; Jonathan Rea and record-setting Spanish rider Álvaro Bautista continue their heavyweight bout for the season title; tough-as-nails riders Eugene Laverty (Ireland) and Michael van der Mark (Netherlands) valiantly return from recent injuries.
What are you waiting for? Get your tickets at the gate!